Well a close approximation of one.! They are Type A Valencia cabinets with the vent holes drilled in them.
I drove from St Louis to Dayton Ohio to get those empty cabinets for $50 bucks.
I needed cabinets for my pair of Altec 421's reconed as 416's and Altec 808 drivers. My crossover is
simple N1500-A design with Oil caps as main HF and Woofer caps.
What I did lately was bypass both woofer and Tweeter oil caps with a Russian K75 and
a Russian Teflon. Of course all the wiring to each woofer terminal is double 12ga, Mil. Spec Teflon
silver plated over copper wire. Each H.F. driver terminal is single 12ga. Mil Spec. Also new brass
Speaker Terminals to the cabinets.
Well it's been about 2 months since I installed the bypasses and Listening today, tells me it really
opened the speakers up . I really like what I hear; At one point I was thinking of selling these.
.......That was then ...... This is now !
Have fun
Willie






Bookmarks